About the Program
Our interns will serve a crucial role in putting on the 2019 Indy Shorts International Film Festival (July 25-28, 2019), the Heartland International Film Festival (Oct. 10-20, 2019) as well as our year-round Heartland Film Roadshow events. At Heartland Film, we offer a fun and informative work environment where students can gain valuable experience within the nonprofit and entertainment industries. During the Film Festivals students will be able to network with filmmakers and industry professionals from all over the world.
Our internship positions are ideal for students currently enrolled at an accredited college/university who are looking to obtain school credit. Some positions are also available as unpaid internships. Our summer internships will run from early May – early August; our fall internships will run from early August – early November (with some exceptions depending on the position). Interns are expected to work a schedule of 12-20 hours per week with the potential to work more hours during the Film Festivals.
At Heartland Film, we are happy to offer the following benefits to our interns:
- Individual/Dual Heartland Film membership
- 10-pack of ticket vouchers to the 2019 Heartland Film Festival (Oct. 10-20, 2019)
- Valuable real-life work experience and portfolio building in the nonprofit, film, and entertainment fields
- Access to filmmakers and industry professionals from all over the world
- Fun work environment in the trendy Fountain Square district of downtown Indianapolis
Internship Program made possible by Business Furniture.