Each year nonprofit arts organization Heartland Truly Moving Pictures honors select theatrically-released films with its Truly Moving Picture Award, a seal that signifies a film’s transformative power and appeal.
“The Truly Moving Picture Award jury takes into consideration how every film could impact and engage its target audience,” said Tim Irwin, Heartland’s artistic director. “This year’s top 10 list includes a dynamic range of films, and clearly shows that inspiring film isn’t limited to any single genre. Heartland would like to congratulate all the winners and their respective studios.”
The top 10 Truly Moving Picture Award winners of 2013 include:
- “Saving Mr. Banks” – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- “42” – Warner Bros.
- “Short Term 12” – Cinedigm
- “The Book Thief” – Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- “Frozen” – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- “The Kings of Summer” – CBS Films
- “Nebraska” – Paramount Vantage
- “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” – Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- “Gimme Shelter” – Roadside Attractions
- “Monsters University” – Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Submissions for the Truly Moving Picture Award are received directly from studios and producers for consideration. View the complete list of winners at TrulyMovingPictures.org.