As a nonprofit arts organization, Heartland Film greatly relies upon the hard work of interns and seasonal staff. Interns are typically hired in the Spring, Summer and Fall, with seasonal positions opening in mid-Summer. Don’t see an opening right for you? Consider becoming a Heartland Film volunteer!
- Seasonal Marketing Assistant
Job Title: Seasonal Marketing Assistant
Reports To: Director of Marketing & PR
Role Type: Seasonal, hourly
Location: Heartland Film
Summary: This position assists in marketing efforts for the 2014 Heartland Film Festival from August through October 2014.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Community outreach, including cold calls and emails to prospective partners and the media
- Graphic design, including graphics for print and Web
- Website management, including posting of blogs, graphics, etc.
- Writing and proofreading, including blogs, filmmaker interviews, press releases and more
- Photography and video capture using a DSLR camera, video editing a plus
- Miscellaneous tasks as needed during the Heartland Film Festival (Oct. 16-25)
- Viewing of Heartland Film Festival films (prior to Festival)
- Preparation of email newsletters using ExactTarget
- Movie fan
- Positive attitude and willingness to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong writing and communication skills with working knowledge of AP Style
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere preferred)
- Experience with ExactTarget or similar email marketing programs
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Highly organized and outgoing with the ability to speak in front of crowds and make phone calls
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, film or a related field
- At least 2 years related experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and design software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
Please send a brief cover letter, resume and writing, design and/or video samples to Greg Sorvig, director of marketing and public relations. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.