As a nonprofit arts organization, Heartland Film greatly relies upon the hard work of interns and seasonal staff. Interns are typically hired in the Spring, Summer and Fall, with seasonal positions opening in mid-Summer. Don’t see an opening right for you? Consider becoming a Heartland Film volunteer!
- Special Projects Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Type: Full Time
Organization: Heartland Film
Description: This position manages screenings and events as well as manages and creates video marketing projects.
- Set up and run screening equipment at events assigned including Roadshows, Film Society Screenings, First Friday, Mini-Fests, Advancement events, etc.
- Coordinate details via event sheets for all events.
- Run and manage all facility rental events at Heartland’s office.
- Run and test playback management for Heartland Film Festival at all theaters.
- Maintain screening and event equipment and determine new equipment needs.
- Manage membership system, member benefits, and communications with members, etc.
- Manage marketing video projects including the creation of EPKs.
- PowerPoint and Prezi creation for presentations.
- Pre-show development for all events.
- Manage assigned ticketing system related projects.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Works quickly.
- Highly organized.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work effectively as part of a team.
- Bachelors degree in mass communications or a related field.
- At least 2 years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software and design software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with Final Cut and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency with Pro Tools or similar audio recording software preferred.
- Proficiency with After Effects or similar software preferred.
- Proficiency with sound systems and video projection systems.
- Understanding of audio and video signal flow.
Please apply at this link. Responses should be directed to Adam Howell.