As a nonprofit arts organization, Heartland Film greatly relies upon the hard work of interns and seasonal staff. Interns are typically hired in the Spring, Summer and Fall, with seasonal positions opening in mid-Summer. Don’t see an opening right for you? Consider becoming a Heartland Film volunteer!
Film Festival Intern, Fall 2015 (2 positions available)
Heartland Film seeks to inspire filmmakers and audiences through the transformative power of film. The Operations team is looking for two Film Festival Event Interns to start on September 5, 2015.
To assist the Director of Operations for the annual Heartland Film Festival 2015.
The following duties will be assigned to this position:
• Assist in planning the logistics for the Premiere Pavilion (An after-party space for special events)
• Coordinate with musicians, food vendors, and staff event plans for every event
• Assist in concession purchasing and managing inventory
• Handle daily set up of tent and overall management
• Work with volunteers on managing admissions
• Oversee general cleanliness of tent and outside tent areas
• Set up and tear down red carpet and step and repeat banners
• Manage bar sales including alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
• Work with security company at the end of each night and the start of each day to keep area secure
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to handle stressful situations and act quickly
• Event management experience
• Familiarity with film and the independent filmmaking industry helpful but not required
• Nonprofit experience helpful, but not required
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
The position will entail 10-15 hours per week at the Heartland offices in downtown Indianapolis. During the festival (Oct 16-25), these positions will work together to staff the Premiere Pavilion as much as possible.
• $250 for entire semester
• Festival Tickets
Please send resume and cover letter immediately via email to: email@example.com