As a nonprofit arts organization, Heartland Film greatly relies upon the hard work of interns and seasonal staff. Interns are typically hired in the Spring, Summer and Fall, with seasonal positions opening in mid-Summer. Don’t see an opening? Consider becoming a Heartland Film volunteer!
Current Job Openings:
- Grant Writer - Contract Position
Heartland Film is seeking a contracted Grant Writer to begin working in January 2018.
Reports to: VP of Development / President
- Manage and continue to service 15 active grants at Heartland Film
- Research, write, submit and follow-up documentation to be included with each grant
- Manage relationship with each grantee
- Research additional grant opportunities for Heartland both locally and nationally and determine the best direction for Heartland to either apply or begin conversations with granting organizations
- Apply for 8 additional grants as they arise
- Report directly to the VP of Development with monthly progress & status of all grants
- Work with all staff members to acquire the information needed for the budget and narrative request in the grant and in the grant follow-up process
- Work with Heartland Staff to learn about the mission, vision and programs offered throughout the year
- Contractor will be paid an agreed upon amount for the year – 12 payments disbursed monthly
- Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to Michael Ault, VP of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of your email, please include your full name and the position you’re applying for.
- We appreciate your interest in Heartland Film and we’ll be in touch soon!
- Heartland Film Marketing Coordinator - Full-Time Position
Heartland Film is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to begin working full-time in our Fountain Square office beginning in early 2018.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Description: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for promoting the Heartland Film brand using social media, design, writing, public relations and various marketing strategies as well as creating compelling content for Heartland Film’s website, blog, social media channels, print materials and collateral.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mass communications, design, film, journalism, art or related field
- At least 2 years related experience (can be overlooked based on portfolio and talent)
- Passion for the film and nonprofit industry
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office products, Google Drive, WordPress
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and Google Analytics preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong design and layout skills
- Acute attention to detail
- High level of creativity
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and other employees
- Familiarity with preparing files for print & web
- Some web coding skills – HTML & CSS
- Ability to work well with a team
- Photography and video skills desired
Year-round marketing responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (50%)
- Website management: blog posts, page updates, some HTML formatting
- Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram): Daily social media updates across Facebook and Twitter (some Instagram) including film updates, Heartland Film Roadshow events & Festival news, industry insights, TMPA announcements, etc.
- Email Marketing: monthly email newsletters using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (help with daily emails during the 11-day Heartland Film Festival)
- Copywriting / proofing for blog, press releases, interviews, annual reports, etc.
- Some editing/archiving of photography and video for marketing use
- Implementation and creation of development/promotional/marketing collateral (i.e. sponsorship/donation packages, Roadshow program/event flyers, etc.)
- Festival Community Outreach: implementation and execution of the Community Engagement Program (partner with local nonprofits and community organizations)
- Media/Press Relations: organize, contact and manage local media and press relations including media passes and red carpet media coverage at events
Year-round design responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (35%)
- Research and study of industry design trends
- Design of general marketing materials
- Promotional materials & slide creation for year-round events
- Preparation of presentational collateral (sponsorship approaches, etc.)
- Office stationery, business cards, etc.
- Working with outside vendors for the printing of materials
- During Festival season (late summer – early November), work with the Marketing Manager to apply the Festival campaign to marketing/promotional materials which includes: the 170+ page guidebook, advertisements, theater signage, merchandise, badge credentials,
posters, postcards, flyers, filmmaker media kits, ticket voucher packs, theater
slides for the pre-show, etc.
Year-round shared duties include, but are not limited to: (15%)
- Occasionally work Heartland events (some nights/weekends required)
- Assisting staff with various tasks as needed
- During the 11-day Heartland Film Festival, you will assist with theater managing, theater cleanup, film introductions, leading Q&As with visiting filmmakers, answering/fielding patron questions, general problem solving, Audience Choice ballots, help fill staffing gaps
- This is a full-time, hourly position with an annual salary of $33,500.
- Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please submit all documents in PDF format and include a link to your website, portfolio, or other applicable links!
- In the subject line of your email, please include your full name and the position you’re applying for!
- A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. We appreciate your interest in Heartland Film and we’ll be in touch soon!
Seasonal Job & Internship Applications Are Now Closed
Click here to learn more about the Heartland Film Internship Program!