Applications for Heartland Film internships are now closed.
About the Program
Our interns will serve a crucial role in putting on the 2017 Heartland Film Festival (Oct. 12-22, 2017) as well as our year-round Heartland Film Roadshow events. At Heartland Film, we offer a fun and informative work environment where students can gain valuable experience within the nonprofit & entertainment industries. During the 11-day Heartland Film Festival students will be able to network with filmmakers and industry professionals from all over the world.
Our internship positions are ideal for students currently enrolled at an accredited college/university who are looking to obtain school credit. Some positions are also available as unpaid internships. Our summer internships will run from early May – early August; our fall internships will run from early August – early November (with some exceptions depending on the position). Interns are expected to work a schedule of 12-20 hours per week with the potential to work more hours during the 2017 Heartland Film Festival (which occurs during the fall internship session from Oct. 12-22, 2017).
At Heartland Film, we are happy to offer the following benefits to our interns:
- Individual/Dual Heartland Film membership
- 10-pack of ticket vouchers to the 2017 Heartland Film Festival (Oct. 12-22, 2017)
- Valuable real-life work experience and portfolio building in the nonprofit, film, and entertainment fields
- Access to filmmakers and industry professionals from all over the world
- Fun work environment in the trendy Fountain Square district of downtown Indianapolis
How to Apply
- Fill out our online application.
- Send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all documents in PDF format.
- In the subject line of your email, please include your full name, the position you’re applying for and the internship session (Ex: John Doe, Film Programming Internship, Fall).
- A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. We appreciate your interest in Heartland Film and we’ll be in touch soon!